SUMMER SLUMP- Finding your purpose in 10 steps and building resilience
When we have a purpose and when we are aligned with our purpose, values and mission in life, we walk our talk and can achieve all our goals.
‘’When you know your why, the how takes care of itself.’’
Being aligned with our purpose is probably one of the most important things in life. It gives us clarity, a sense of meaning and ultimately helps us live our lives with fulfillment. We tend to do things with love and inspiration instead of feeling obliged and forced to. We love ourselves, others and life more, we become more creative, we have more energy and focus. We have more resilience, more will power and can achieve more when we live our life with purpose.
But how? How do we find our purpose in life?
Most people still haven’t found what their purpose is because they ‘’think about it’’ rather than directly looking at ‘’what they are demonstrating’’ in life or ‘’what their origin story is’’.
There are 10 main steps in finding our purpose in life.
- Look at your life. Look at what you are doing the whole day. Make a list of everything you do during the day and write down what each actions MEANS for you. What does your actions serve? Why do you do what you do? Write it down and you will see THE MEANING BEHIND YOUR ACTIONS.
- Look at what you value most. What do you spend your energy on? Or in other words, for what do you always have energy for? Is it your family? Your business? Sports? We have all the energy we want for the things we value. If you look at how you use your energy and what you have energy for, you will notice what you value the most, what is most meaningful for you.
- Look at how you send your money. People always spend money to things they value the most. Our spending habits says a lot about what’s meaningful for us. Make a list. And then look at why those things you buy are important? Why do you buy those things? Is it to look beautiful? Is it to make your family or kids happy? Is it for your own comfort? Make a list. Look deeply.
- Look at your space. What do you have in your space? We tend to grab on to things or to people we value the most. Who do you send time with? What do you have around you? Those are the most valuable things.
- Look at what you think. What do you think about the whole day? We think about the things we value the most. Make a list and ask yourself ‘’why do you think the things you think?’’ What are you trying to achieve? What are you focusing on? Where is your attention?
- And look at what you read about, watch or research on. W tend to read, watch, research on things we value. Make a list and ask yourself WHY again. Why do you research, read, watch all those? Whats the purpose? Whats the meaning behind them all?
- Then sit down and look back into your life. What the main story of your life? What have you been doing your whole life, without anyone telling you what to do. Think of all the main events in your life, what would your friends and family tell about you? What kind of a person are you? What are your interests? What are you all about? Write down everything about yourself. Write down every little thing your friends and family would tell about you.
- Now look at the main events in your life, make a list and ask yourself why those events happened to you? What was the meaning behind those events? What was life trying to show you? What are the lessons you learned?
- You probably started seeing some kind of a pattern. A perfect system. Whats that? Write down YOUR PATTERN IN DETAIL. What has been your life about? What has been your life’s main story?
- Now go through everything you wrote, read them one by one, look at what’s meaningful for you. You have found YOUR MEANING. You have found THE MEANING OF YOUR LIFE. This is your WHY. This is why you do everything you do. This is who you are. And now answer the question, WHY ARE YOU HERE? İn two sentences. You have just found your purpose in life. 🙂