How to have the resilience and the dedication of an olympic athlete
There are 5 steps to becoming an individual on the olympic level. 5 main principles olympic athletes have. You can use these principles if you want to be really really successful in any area of life.
- PURPOSE. Purpose is the first and the most important step. Because PURPOSE KEEPS US ON TRACK. You know what they say, ‘’When you find your WHY, you don’t hit snooze no more!’’ Finding your WHY, understanding why you do what you do keeps you on track and it is kind of like the ANCHOR OF SUCCESS. You on keep on practicing over and over again, build resilience, have dedication and be in the ‘’winners mindset’’, work for long hours, day after day, week after week, year after year, without even thinking on quoting until you get to your destination, onnly when you have a purpose, only when you now your why. Knowing your why, having a purpose is like having unlimited energy to do everything you want to. It is the key to working long hours, practicing over and over again and overcoming your limits. It is how humans move beyond their human capacity and become olympic. It makes all the difference between an olympic athlete and all the other athletes. It is the difference between world renowned experts, multi million dollar business men and women and the rest. If you don’t have a purpose, you cannot have a clear vision, resilience, dedication or the mindset to win. It all starts with PURPOSE. People who know their why are inspired within. They do not need anyone telling them to get up and work or exercise, they do it with an inner inspiration. They do not need motivational techniques, people to push them, they are eager to push themselves further, because they have a purpose.
- A CLEAR VISION FOR THE FUTURE. After PURPOSE, comes VISION. Even if you know your why and even if you have a purpose, you need a clear vision to get to where you want to get to. Our minds need a clear destination to keep on track. So daily meditation, thinking about your vision, thinking about what you really want, in every detail will help you move forward. I have worked with olympic athletes, professional basketball, volleyball and football players from all around the world, celebrities, authors, bussinesman, business woman, from all around the world and I haven’t yet seen any successful individual who did not have a clear vision for their future. Some of them were so clear about their vision, they could literally see it happening right now, in every detail. That is how our minds work. I tell my students, ‘’If you want to become an individual on the Olympic Level, start thinking about your vision. Take time to see down and think of every little detail. Because whatever you do not focus on will flip from your mind and your hands…’’ Having a clear vision for the future is what gets you there.
- RESILIENCE. Of course. RESILIENCE is what all successful people have, including Olympic Athletes. And of course, resilience does not happen by itself. PURPOSE and A CLEAR VISION is why people have relisience in the first place. Imagine, you go out to buy sweatpants. You have a purpose, doing yoga 3 times a week, why? Because you want to have a healthy, fit, beautiful body. You want that flexibility and freshness yoga brings. You also have a clear vision, you want that blue yoga pants x brand has. You can see yourself doing yoga in those pants. You can even feel how it feels to be in them while doing yoga. You see yourself in the yoga class clearly, with every more, and you love being in those pants. You are fully inspired from within, which leads to having full energy, you can now go to that store, no matter how long it takes, no matter how bumpy the roads are because you have a purpose and a clear vision, a feeling for the future. You go on the bus and there is traffic, it is taking longer than expected, than you go on the train station, the train gets canceled and now you have to go all the way back to another station and catch the next train which takes 2 hours longer. But you have a purpose, a clear vision, you are fully focused, inspired from within, you want that feeling… You have resilience. You can go any distance, overcome any problem. And now imagine you don’t have a purpose, a clear vision, you decide to go to the same store to ‘’just look around’’… You go on the bus, there is too much traffic, it will take you longer than you thought, what do you do? You decide not to go. You get off and do something else… RESILIENCE COMES WITH PURPOSE AND A CLEAR VISION.
- MINDSET. Besides all of these, having a strong mindset is very important. MAKING A DECISION AND TISKING TO IT. Which means, NOT CHANGING YOUR MIND, IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR PATH. Because we can only get to where we want to get to by staying focused, which will of course be easier when we have a purpose and a clear vision, but sometimes, some people start thinking, ‘’why not try the other brand? Maybe that’s better.’’ Even if it is, it does not matter. There is no such thing as better or worse in life. There is only WHAT YOU DECIDE TO BE, TO HAVE, TO DO. Be certain on your decisions. Do not change your mind after you decide on something. Because when you decide, have a purpose and a clear vision, things start shifting in and out. The Universe starts shaping itself, according to your decision. It starts opening up pathways for you, creating chances so that you can meet with certain people. The Universe is trying to help us with every decision we make. But if you are someone who does not have a strong mindset, who changes decisions every other day, don’t expect to get to any destination because you are not focused and determined enough.
- DEDICATION. Dedication comes last because all of the things above leads to dedication. Dedication does not happen by itself. You have a purpose, a clear vision, you know here you want to get to, you are focused, you have built resilience, have a strong mindset, do not change your mind until you see it happening, and all of these together leads to %100 dedication. And with hard work, which is the FRUIT of all of the above and DEDICATION, you can achieve anything in life.